Tuesday 16 September 2014

Introduction

This is the first blog of my music magazine coursework project. Throughout this blog you will be able to see how I develop my music magazine from start to finish and have an insight into my thoughts and how they affect the magazines development.
I am interested in the rock genre of music , more specifically punk rock, funk rock and skate punk, artists I will focus on include Rancid, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Gnarwolves.


Here is a song from each of these artists to give you an idea of what the music I am interested in sounds like.


 




 


Along with Blogger, I will be sharing my progress through the following websites; Photobucket, Scribd, Vimeo and Voki.
The magazines I will study to get ideas for my own magazine are Kerrang, NME.
Kerrang’s target audience is quite varied as it has consumers who are teenagers and other counsumers who are older, ranging from 20-40. This is because Kerrang contains lots of information about older rock bands and sub-genres as well as new and upcoming sub-genres and bands that fall under the rock genre.
NME’s target audience is teens that are interested in indie, alternative rock and promising new bands.
The best selling magazines that focus on this genre of music are Kerrang and NME. Between July 2013 and June 2014 Kerrang had 746000 readers, with 655000 of these readers reading print and the remaining 91000 reading on a website.
In the same time space, NME had 1131000 total readers, with 642000 of these readers reading print and the remaining 510000 readers reading on a website.
The web address for Kerrang.
The web address for NME.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment